Winter Safety Takes Everybody’s Help!
* Otsego County Road Commission
- Plowing snow & ice
- Spreading salt
- Clearing roadways of snow & ice
* Adult Citizens
- Do not plow snow from driveway on or across road (it’s against the law)
- Move your vehicles off roadsides
- Don’t pile snow high near intersections and driveways obstructing others’ vision
- Keep rocks, timbers, fences, etc. away from road
* Children & Young Adults
- Stay away from roads being plowed
- Don’t throw snowballs at vehicles
- Don’t play in ditches
Did You Know?
- Your mailbox is in the road right-of-way. This is permitted by the road commission as a convenience to you. The base or post should be 4 feet back from the pavement if possible.
- Consider replacing an expensive decorative mailbox with an inexpensive mailbox for the winter. Consider taking the mailbox down.
- If possible, place a “snow board” on a separate post to prevent snow from hitting the mailbox.
- If thrown snow damages or knocks your mailbox down, please understand and cooperate by replacing it yourself.
- Newspaper, shopping guide or advertising tubes should be located near the mailbox on the same side of the road. Please help our drivers and keep our roads safe.
Call 732-5202 or 911 if stoplights are out or stop signs are down.